toolbar powered by Conduit


Ways to Save Your Skin

7:00 AM Posted In 0 COMMENTS »
DIY Fashion- Crochet a Beach Wrap If you are heading to the lake, pool or beach this 4th of July weekend, don't forget to plan for Old You. What am I talking about?

Well, not too long ago, I was Teenage Mutant Ninja Rain, who neglected to plan for Twenty's Corporate Stooge Rain. Consequentially, I acquired a tattoo on my arm that needs to be covered to fit a business-casual dress code, which cuts into my fashion choices at the office. I just wasn't thinking ahead.

With some luck, I'll be Old Wise Rain one day, and I'll have to be her just as much as I'll soon have to be Thirty's Can't I Retire Yet Rain. While I'm not getting anymore tattoo's, I do need to start paying special attention to the skin on my face, neck and shoulders.

Saving your skin from the sun has more to do with future planning than trying not to turn red and crusty for a week. Do yourself a favor and wear stylish beach wraps and enough sunscreen so that Future You doesn't have to invest in a jug of wrinkle cream. She'll thank you for it in twenty years.

Here are some great ways to stay sun safe without looking like a dork at the beach:

  • Crochet a Beach Wrap - These short capes are in and can be made out of a yarn that matches your suit or sandals.

  • Wear Sunblock Every Day - If you wear a light sunblock on your face everyday of the year, an occasional burn at the beach won't have too much impact. Work it into your makeup routine.

  • Go Kitschy Vintage with a Floppy Hat - Audrey Hepburn had it right. Wearing a glamorous floppy hat will instantly transform a bikini and sandals into a crafted style. Make your own to perfectly coordinate.
Click “Comments” at the top of the post to share your thoughts.


Stay up to date on DIY Fashion by signing up for Rain's weekly newsletter, choosing to become a fan of DIY Fashion on Facebook, or following DIY_Rain on Twitter. More Wordless

0 DIY COMMENTS:

This Week's Crafty Blogs (submit yours):